Roquefort with Pear Balsamic
- Peel the pears, cut them in half, and core them with a melon baller.
- Caramelize the sugar, and deglaze it with VOM FASS Pear Balsamic Vinegar. Add the white wine, cloves, VOM FASS Pepper, bay leaf, and allspice. Bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling, return to a low temperature and stew the pears. Remove four pear halves from the stock. Cut up the remaining two halves of the pears roughly; cook them in the stock until creamy, and strain through a sieve.
- Cut the crust from the toast, and dice the inside part to make croutons. Fry them in a pan with VOM FASS Rapeseed Oil and thyme until golden.
- Cut the reserved stewed pears into fans and place them on four oven-safe plates. Crumble Roquefort cheese on top, and briefly bake in the oven.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with some of the stock, sprinkle with croutons, and serve.