Creamy Steel Cut Oats
- Add the oats, water, Apple Balsamic Star, salt, nutmeg and dried fruit to a high sided pan and simmer covered on low heat until oats are tender. Different oat manufacturers recommend times from 10-30 minutes. For a softer and more creamy texture, cook them about 45 minutes.
- Stir in the splash of milk and FassZination Pumpkin Seed Oil, remove heat, serve and enjoy.
- Steel cut oats are easy to make in a slow cooker or on the porridge setting of a rice cooker.
- You can cut down on the cooking time by soaking the oats overnight in the fridge.
- If you’re really in a hurry, you could make regular oatmeal with these ingredients. It’s general knowledge that steel cut oats are better for you than regular oats, and regular oats are better than quick cooking ones which convert to sugar more rapidly in the body.