Chef Kevin’s Quinoa Salad
- Gently toss quinoa, carrots, scallions, dried fruit and parsley until lightly coated with dressing – do not overdress!. Season with salt and pepper.
- If time, allow to sit for 30 minutes, taste again and re-season. Top with nuts and serve.
(Pictured here is the Date Balsamic Star and Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil recipe with tomatoes, cucumber, dried cranberries, and lettuce.)
Our Tip: Don’t be afraid to be creative! Great variations for this salad include:
- VOM FASS Date Balsamic Star and VOM FASS Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- VOM FASS FassZination Walnut Oil, VOM FASS Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar with toasted walnuts and dried cherries
- VOM FASS Fasszination Styrian Pumpkinseed Oil, VOM FASS Apple Balsamic Vinegar with toasted pumpkin seeds and freshly chopped apples
- Add additional finely diced vegetables such as snap/snow peas, fennel bulb or seeded zucchini.
Some helpful knowledge:
- Pasta and grain salads have a tendency to absorb flavors and should always be tasted before serving if they have been sitting for a while.
- Quinoa cooks like a grain, but is actually an edible seed (which is why it’s a complete protein). Quinoa belongs to a species of “Goosefoot” that is closely related to spinach, beets and epazote.