For the shrub:
- Gently heat the strawberry juice and the granulated sugar in a pot until dissolved.
- Add the Grape Balsamic Vinegar and fresh mint leaves and stir. Allow to cool overnight in the refrigerator.
For the cocktail:
- Pour shrub into a suitable glass, preferably a Julep cup.
- Add Jack’s Choice Whiskey and approximately 10 bruised mint leaves.
- With a mixing spoon, stir the liquid for 20-30 seconds.
- Add ice (preferably crushed) to the brim of the glass and give the cocktail an additional stir.
- Add more crushed ice, top off with soda water and some fresh mint and strawberry garnish.
Enjoy with friends!
Tip: The predecessor to the Mojito, some historians say the Julep was born in the early 1700s. Usually associated with Bourbon, our Mixologists have used our robust and flavoursome Small Batch Whiskey in this modern take on a cocktail classic.