In addition to some locally made North Carolina favorites, we've included the recipe and ingredients for Billy G's Eastern Carolina BBQ Sauce. The heat from the Red Pepper Extra Virgin Olive Oil combined with the sweetness of the Apple Balsamic and robust BBQ seasonings make for the perfect finishing sauce for chicken, pork, ribs, shrimp, scallops and even veggies.
• Apple Balsamic Vinegar: The apples for this delicious balsamic vinegar are grown in orchard meadows in the Upper Swabia region in Germany and possess a full-bodied aroma and a wonderfully natural and refreshing acidity. After the apple vinegar has been obtained from the apple wine and refined with thickened, fruity apple juice, this fine balsamic vinegar.
• Red Pepper Extra Virgin Olive Oil: This is a favorite oil for flavoring homemade pizza, pasta, and vegetable dishes. To retain the aroma of red pepper, we suggest you not overheat this oil. This set includes a 100ml Marasca bottle of our Red Pepper Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
• BBQ Rub Sweet & Spicy: Our sweet and spicy blend can be used on all types of meat and fish. Simply rub our mix of premium spices onto your meat or fish prior to grilling. This set includes a 100g jar of our BBQ Rub Sweet & Spicy
• Mimi’s Old Tavern Beer Bread Mix: Located in the heart of central North Carolina, Mimi’s old fashioned sweet & all around yummy bread mix only takes 5 minutes. Just add your favorite beer (or club soda or hard cider), bake and enjoy!!!!
• "Killer Toffee" Dark Chocolate Toffee: The best toffee can’t be made from a recipe. It is a time-honored labor of love that is passed down from generation to generation. The creator of Killer Toffee, Diane Lawrence, learned to make toffee from her mother, who learned to bake sweets from her mother. Diane carries on three generations of a love for baking by making her delicious soft dark chocolate toffee packed with almonds and other natural ingredients.
• Pineapple Oasis Hot Sauce: This Award winning hot sauce from the Rising Smoke Sauceworks Collection in North Carolina takes you on a tropical journey. The first taste will be one of pineapple with a hint of coconut. Then you get a little savoriness from the roasted yellow bell peppers. Last but not least, the Aji Lemon Drop peppers kick in to make you feel like you're lying on a warm beach in the Caribbean