- Gently toss quinoa, carrots, scallions, dried fruit and parsley until lightly coated with dressing - do not overdress!. Season with salt and pepper.
- If time, allow to sit for 30 minutes, taste again and re-season. Top with nuts and serve.
(Pictured here is the Date Balsamic Star and Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil recipe with tomatoes, cucumber, dried cranberries, and lettuce.)
Our Tip: Don't be afraid to be creative! Great variations for this salad include:
VOM FASS Date Balsamic Star and VOM FASS Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
VOM FASS FassZination Walnut Oil, VOM FASS Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar with toasted walnuts and dried cherries
VOM FASS Fasszination Styrian Pumpkinseed Oil, VOM FASS Apple Balsamic Vinegar with toasted pumpkin seeds and freshly chopped apples
- Add additional finely diced vegetables such as snap/snow peas, fennel bulb or seeded zucchini.
Some helpful knowledge:
- Pasta and grain salads have a tendency to absorb flavors and should always be tasted before serving if they have been sitting for a while.
- Quinoa cooks like a grain, but is actually an edible seed (which is why it's a complete protein). Quinoa belongs to a species of "Goosefoot" that is closely related to spinach, beets and epazote.