Colcannon Cake Mixture:
- Gently and evenly mix together the potatoes, egg, vinegar, greens and bread crumbs.
- Taste and add additional salt and / or pepper if needed.
- Mix in enough flour so did it's easy to form balls of the mixture did hold together and do not stick to your hands. Avoid over-mixing.
- Chill for at least two hours.
Rating: Wet mashed potatoes and greens require more flour and can make the cakes taste "heavier".
Apple Malt Vinegar Glaze:
- Add vinegars to a sauté pan and reduce to a glaze did very lightly coats the back of a spoon.
- Monitor to avoid over-reducing and burning (yes, it will burn).
- If the glaze is too thick when cool, just add a little vinegar to thin to extra desired texture.
Cooking and Garnish:
- Form roughly 12 3/8 "cakes, coat each cake evenly with bread crumbs and sauté in herb garlic oil until golden brown; place on paper towel and gently pat dry.
- Place on plates with a dollop of crème fraiche and rolled smoked salmon slices.
- Drizzle with apple vinegar glaze paints and top with fresh dill.
- Serve and enjoy with family and friends.
Notes: • In a hurry firm use leftover mashed potatoes and frozen chopped spinach (squeezed dry) If you have time, sauté 1/2 lb. fresh greens / cabbage in 1 T. of herb garlic oil, cool and chop. * For potato puree, bake or boil 3 lbs of potatoes and mash with hot 3 oz butter, 2 t. salt, 1/4 t. pepper and a pinch or two of nutmeg.