For the squash lentils:
- Cut the squash in half-inch cubes. Season with VOM FASS Salt and sugar; let rest for a mo- ment.
- Peel the onion, and dice it finely. Sauté butter, onions, and the squash in a pan, and deglaze with VOM FASS Honey Balsamic Vinegar.
- Cook the beluga lentils in unsalted water until tender, but firm. Drain the lentils in a colander, and rinse with cold water.
- Add the lentils to the squash mix, and season with VOM FASS Salt and Pepper and curry powder, to taste.
For the rösti:
- Peel and roughly grate the potatoes. Season with VOM FASS Salt and squeeze out the liquid in a kitchen towel. Season potatoes with nutmeg and VOM FASS Pepper.
- Heat the VOM FASS Rapeseed Oil in a pan. Form a round flat cake from the spiced potatoes, and fry on both sides. Place on a cutting board and tear apart.
Remove the duck breasts from the oven; carve, and arrange with squash lentils and rösti.