Have you discovered Burrata Cheese from southern Italy? It is the focal point of this lovely salad----mozzarella that’s formed into a pouch and then filled with soft, stringy curd and cream.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 1 small head of fennel
- 2 Tangerines (or small oranges)
- ¼ cup Spanish Manzanilla Olives
- 6 cups of mixed greens
- 4 oz. of Buratta Cheese
vomFASS Pyramid Salt (crunchy) and Tellicherry pepper to taste
- ¼ cup vomFASS Don Carlos Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- ¼ cup vomFASS Spanish Red Wine Vinegar (Viejo)
- Core and thinly slice the fennel bulb (about a cup). Place the sliced fennel in a bowl with the vinegar and let sit 5 minutes. Reserve a few fennel fronds for garnish
- Peel the tangerines and slice in half, add to the fennel bowl
- Halve the olives and add to the bowl. Stir in ¼ cup Don Carlos Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Plate by adding mixed greens onto plates, scatter the olive/fennel/tangerine mix on top.
- Break apart the Buratta, place in center of plate, drizzle with Don Carlos, Pyramid Salt and Pepper.
- Sprinkle reserved fennel fronds and chopped parsley over salad.
- Submitted by
- Julie Ginsler-vomFASS Cary